Sunday 11 January 2009

Warning - extreme gore!

I really started to get back into some solid training this week. Hugely busy at work too but still getting the hours in - a total of 21 miles this week which is steadily improving with one 14.67 mile run - my longest and best yet. Avg. heart rate of 145bpm and right on marathon pace. I probably could have gone on to 15 but I thought it best to 'up' the mileage in a more controlled fashion.

Huge credit to Bob though who came out and ran the full 14.67 for his longest run ever too - the guy is amazing!

Two gym sessions this week - one with PT supposedly being gentle - pffft! Good session though.

The mid week run was my longest ever mid week run!

All going well.

Sports massage tomorrow.

Same schedule for this week - maybe a slow run around 5k tomorrow to recover.

Ah, yes....I forgot the gore. Well, for the 14 miler on Sat I forgot my running socks. Technical gear does work you know...carrying on the theme of biggest, best and furthest ever, here is my best blister ever - enjoy. Not suitable for the squeamish though. Be warned. I'll be draining it later. ;-)

No comments: