Sunday 25 January 2009

It's getting warmer out there so don't stop to avoid the rain...

I think a title like that deserves some explanation. Just done a ten miler. I had meant to run with the running club this morning but the weather was hosing it down. Horrid! So I demonstrated my invertebrate nature and went back to bed...

I did go running when the rain stopped at 15:00 as forecast. Skins, Gore base layer, Adidas rain jacket, Hilly headband and running gloves. Gotta love that technical gear! All together too warm though so I lost the gloves and headband and soldiered on...and on and on etc. Didn't stop for 10 miles. Took it nice and easy - no rain, no pain and a 10 mile pb @ 1:44.

Chuffed.

I wonder if I can take it even easier and run a whole half marathon without stopping....hmmm?

No comments: