Monday 1 December 2008

*Proper Marathon training*

Unlike this morning, yesterday dawned cold and wet with a biting wind. about a mile into my ten miler I asked Nors if this counted as proper marathon traing. 'Yes, but you really need snow during a 20 miler to get the full effect'...I can't wait!

So, 10 miles yesterday - decent pace, not quite easy but the Wokingham Half Marathon route is nicely flat-ish apart from motorway bridges. T'was a good session running with 5 others - quite sociable.

So, the summary for last week was Gym x2 and a 3 mile mid week. After the 10 mile Pb last week I learnt how decent prep can make a run. I had a lowsy night sleep before the 10 miles yesterday and felt it. I was fairly bushed after a tough day last week so the 3 miler, although a fraction slower than the previous Sunday felt harder. Proper rest anf ueling makes a run for sure.

I'll be well rested for a 12 miler this Sunday. If I can get a 5-6 mile mid week total and 2 gym sessions I'll be well happy this week.

Waddling on...

No comments: