Monday 13 October 2008

Pummeled

After a great workout last week, I had my best ever ten miler on Saturday. In the 145-150 bpm zone again but I felt fresher than ever afterwards. Really on the money. I'll be extending up to 11 miles this weekend then.

As part of the programme I have elected to engage The London Physio on a monthly sport massage in order to maintain my legs and iron out any niggles that crop up.

I went for my first session this morning and had a good thorough beating. Timo is a master of the elbow-to-buttock-with-full-body-weight manoeuvre. I'm not sure about the technical term for the technique but it has a definite effect. Apparently no one has ever passed out on the table from the pain but I felt like I could have been a candidate this morning.

I left with a saw jaw....from the clenching!

No comments: