Monday 23 April 2007

Kate is my hero

I am going to run the Flora London Marathon. This is without doubt the biggest feat for any amateur athlete and my friend Kate did it this weekend. The event was widely recognised as one if the hardest of recent years - if not ever - so all the more credit to Kate and anyone else who did it.

From a spectating point of view, the athmosphere is awesome - a great day out. I reccommend that budding supporters take some comfy shoes, buckets of patience and some throat soothing medication... Be prepared for lousy transport, idiot tourist types (if you are used to weekday travel in London, watch out!) and lots of vociferous support for all the worthy athletes - it makes a huge difference. Don't just cheer your friends who take part though - cheer everyone. Random cheering of strangers may seem odd but it's all the more uplifting to receive support from someone who you have never met. Believe me, when you see these folk at the finish and say 'saw you running, well done!' it means a huge amount.

To all those who took part - WELL DONE!!

I seriously hope to be there next year.

No comments: