Monday 9 April 2007

Hold the agile essays for a moment

Today has rescued my bank holiday (public holiday in the UK - 4 whole days!). After a galactic sized moron drove Mike Whisky into a BIG SHINY METAL BUILDING causing damage that prevented my planned two days of flying joy I thought I was ready to jack in the flying thing and become a spotter....heaven forbid!

But no - I have pounded around my new fast 5k course and blown my personal 5k target asunder. I thought at the start of the fourth kilometer I was on for a sub 26min but sub 25 - that's a major target for me. Chuffed? I nearly wet myself...but that's an aspect of exertion that athletes learn to deal with - innit?

For a change, and to prove the times are real, I have decided to share the data from my Garmin 305 GPS via the links in the pb section (that's personal best - not lead...) on the right. Motion based is one nifty site. Always act on data - never gut feel.

Going to focus on 10k now...and back to the technical/business articles for a while (sorry Kate!).

No comments: