Sunday 5 April 2009

Taper? Next week...

17 miles today - easy pace. I left the run till the afternoon as the Malaysian GP held my attention pretty well (Go Brawn! The Brawn Supremacy- ha ha).

So, it was a pleasant spring day out there, semi cloudy/sunny. Not too warm. Starting out with a runners brekko of porridge with cinnamon and cried cranberries - yum! Early lunch was wholemeal pasta and salad. Not to heavy and good slow release carby stuff. I finished my eating prep with a Kellogs Cakey Bakey bar. Fluids - took large drinks bottle of weak squash and mini bottle of 'Go' carb juice (yuk!).

So energy gels are defenestrable. Looks like I don't need 'em. To be honest I would be surprised if anyone on the planet likes 'em. Sure, they work but yuk! There has to be an alternative...there is - a healthy carb heavy diet.

It was a lighter week last week - mill session on Monday after sports massage, 1 gym and 3.56 mi-week. This week I'd like to keep up the 2 x gym and 3 miles mid week with a recovery mill session tomorrow.

Get this though - 10 miles is all I need to do on the weekend! Go taper!

No comments: