Sunday 16 November 2008

Now that's what I call a long run

So, to recap the last week or so:


  • a couple of good gym sessions

  • wet orienteering

  • illnesses gone!



That last item is the best though! I got a 3.75 mile easy run in on Friday evening to try out my new skins. Crikey, they really do work better when they're new - felt great but a bit too warm. How odd is this weather? Balmy mid-November days are not normal.

Anyhow, I cranked out a half-marathon today. Felt pretty good about the whole thing. 2.5 hours is not stellar but it was just a training run - injury free please and the hills....my God the hills. The 3.75 miler on Friday went up and down about 500ft which is normally plenty thanks! The half marathon - South Ruislip to Rickmansworth in case you're wondering - climbed and fell 2500ft. I'll happily admit to taking sensible walking breaks throughout the run.

All good. More of the same next week ;-)

That was the end of the last of the old trainers - all new GT 2130 shoes from now on.

No comments: