Saturday 14 August 2010

Watch out...poor grammar may cause time travel...

Think of the most incredible reason you have ever given or heard for leaving a job and triple it. Triple it again. Nope. Not even close! How about this example from a credible source found recently:

"I am leaving as I am going to live and work in Birmingham in the near future."

I love it. Not the past. Not the sci-fi ray guns and space ships future but the 'near future'. How near?

"I'm-spending-the-rest-of-my-life-ten-minutes-ahead-of-the-rest-of-you" near?

Bookmakers would be miffed for sure. I'd happily play with the stock markets given a ten minute head start on the rest of the world.

Such gentle, modest, whimsical, ambition is possible because of ignorance. Ace.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: