Sunday 22 February 2009

Twitter free post

Even though I'm micro-blogging elsewhere, this post is exclusive to this blog.

Right - update and details. I managed one gym session and one midweek run last week. Both were good quality and having moved offices on Friday I felt I had enough physical exertion for workdays. Yesterday.....well....EIGHTEEN FRIGGIN' MILES! That was a big step - well many many steps as it happens. A big leap in terms of distance and time (3:30) but my legs feel fine. I'll be stretching some more today and off to the gym tomorrow.

The run itself was an interesting set of ups and downs. Saturday Feb 21st was the first 'spring like' day of 2009 for us. I actually caught some sun on my head! Getting colour back is nice. At the start of the run I was seeking out the sun for the warmth but towards the end it was more a case of seek the shade for the cool. Over 11 miles I was starting to get tired of the new carb drink I tried this time. I made it a bit strong so a weaker formula next time. Lots of 'cakey bakey' bars for the long runs as well as tissues is good. North of 12 miles I started to sample 'the wall' but a cakey bakey got be back in form and 'zoning' out for the last two miles was actually okay. On balance, a good run - 150bpm avg and >4k calories.

This week should be interesting. Gonna be a busy work week so I'll see what I can fit in. Minimum I should aim for 2 gym, 1 midweek run of 10k (6 miles) and then I'll spend the next two weeks focusing on 14-16 miler runs on the weekend.

20 miles in March...

No comments: