Monday 11 February 2008

Wokingham half marathon

So I have updated my pb section as last Sunday saw my début on the half marathon circuit. I didn't trouble the front runners - indeed I got lapped by Liz Yelling at 12 miles on her 'warm down' second lap...harumph!

However, I hit my target and all my chums achieved personal goals which is great! I had such a great day - the sun shone and my injury didn't flare up as I thought it would. Changing to new trainers did the job - the old pair are being binned asap. It's surprising how quickly they wear out and cause injury to wonky runners like me.

Now I'm focusing on my 10k target for The London 10k in July as well as taking a couple of weeks off running and getting back in the air. I feel the need for speed....and all that ;-)

Pictures to follow soon.

No comments: